Why a career at Performance Foodservice? Here's Why -
...Challenging work with great pay and benefits.
...National company with a local, family feel.
...Vacation, personal, holidays and sick days to support work and personal life balance.
...401(k) w/Match, Associate Purchase Discount & More.
The Safety Manager position is a hands-on leader role based in a our distribution facility. The safety manager works with all departments especially warehouse and transportation. The Safety Manager reports to the operating company President and will perform the following duties:
- Develops implements and/or administers environmental and occupational health and safety programs to ensure applicable legal compliance and create and maintain a safe and secure working environment. (Programs include but not limited to: OSHA, EPA, DOT, USDA/USDC/FDA, AIB or SQF, Homeland Security, Property Engineering Coordination, Casualty Insurance needs.)
- Responsible for PFG Program Compliance: audits, scorecard, PWMs, Safety Training and Orientation, new hire orientation, warehouse PMHE certifications, Driver Training, MVR Policy Compliance, Risk Management Audit Coordination and Claims Management.
- Coordinates medical intervention with physicians, tracks safety initiatives from a financial perspective. Monitors costs and financial impact.
- Work varying shifts and hours to meet business needs and accommodate all associate schedules.
- Travel to remote shuttle yards (Jacksonville/Pompano) regularly to perform required training and observations.
- Develops positive and productive relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally.
- Performs all safety/risk related administrative work including accident reporting, scorecard reports, online learning management system reports, and administration.
- Able to work in multi-temperature warehouse work environment (dry/cooler/freezer).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED
4 - 6 years safety/risk management, occupational safety and health management or related field work experience
Basic/Intermediate computer skills including risk and claims management software, MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Workers’ Compensation management and incident investigation
- Update and maintain policies and processes (Emergency Action Plan and Safety Data Sheets)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in communications at all levels of the organization
Local candidates, no relocation required
Bachelor's Degree in safety/risk management, environmental
management, occupational safety and health or related area
6 - 10 years safety/risk management, occupational safety and health management or related field work experience in distribution environment
Foodservice distribution or related distribution industry experience
Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate in Risk Management, HAACP certified,
(ARM), and / or related area
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company“) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law“ poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Address Line 1
2901 Titan Row Ste 136
Performance Orlando (1042)