Director, Energy Solutions Architecture
At Amazon, we celebrate innovation, risks, and ideas! We are builders. We try new things and dream big dreams. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing. AWS is where the cloud first came to life. Now we’re inventing for the decades ahead. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with their technology and change the world in their respective industries.
We are seeking a global Director to lead and develop the AWS Energy Solutions Architect team. You work with our field sales organization to set our industry technical vision and technical strategy. As a recognized energy industry thought leader, you provide public representation of our industry technology and solutions. You develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills.
This role blends strategic leadership and the development of deep technical solutions. This is a leader of leaders role and the candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who work with partners and customers to advise, mentor, and assist in migrating and modernizing production workloads and workflows to the Cloud. You will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support customers, including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
This role works closely with other AWS departments including our services teams, marketing, business development and professional services. As a leaders, you will represent your team to executive management.
Come build the future with us! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
· Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement
· Partner with Energy Industry Business Unit (IBU) Sales, Partner, and Busines Development leaders
· Provide an energy Technical Strategy (traditional and renewable energies); Create technical vision for the segment aligned with customers’ business strategy vision.
· Based on technical strategy, facilitate/guide priorities of technical (and technical-like) resources, with SAs: ProServ, support, SDM, etc. Align priorities and work effort
· Account interface to service lines and service line executives; Building and curating customer to service-line relationships Technical and service escalation oversight - single point to check / prioritize all service line related technical escalations.
· Serve as the AWS executive technical sponsor for energy customer initiatives
· Identify patterns across Strategic Accounts to help AWS publish white papers, customer technical case studies, blog posts, pre-sales first call decks, and other content are important to drive this scale, standardization, and repeatability
· Drive disruptive (for the customer) technology projects aligned with industry or customer business strategy
· Take ownership of and lead executive briefings (at the EBC in Seattle or on-site briefings)
· Build mechanisms for sharing learnings across energy accounts.
· 15+ years’ experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
· 15+ years’ experience solutions architecture or equivalent design / implementation / consulting experience
· High level of comfort communicating with internal and external organizations; both technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Ability to speak in public and in front of an audience is a big plus
· Technical degree required (or equivalent work experience); Computer Science background highly desired
· History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements
· Modern cloud architecture experience
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Relevant industry experience and exposure for targeted customer(s)
· Executive leadership/technology team management experience
· Enterprise Architecture experience, certifications, and building modern cloud strategies
· Product development, Research and development