ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Clinical Market Performance, Regional Manager leads the clinical market performance and in market operations for new and existing markets. This individual manages a geographically dispersed team of regional market leads, clinical market leads, and collaborates with care partners. Working with care partner leadership, this individual is accountable for the deployment and scaling of clinical operations processes -- quality and risk, population health, clinical program governance – on a market by market basis to fit care partner (health care provider) strengths and weaknesses. This individual is also accountable for key clinical results – such as utilization and network keepage for their specific region.
- Engage our Care Partners to effectively evolve or maintain our collective clinical performance to a market leading position, which includes broad leadership and innovation and having knowledge of health systems, CINs, and their governance.
- Establish a market specific clinical roadmap with Care Partners that span the functions of health optimization (pharmacy management, population health management, quality, coding performance, accreditation, and data and analytics)
- Interact with and influence clinicians (internal and external) and clinical leadership bodies
- Establish clinically innovative programs with our Care Partners, including the establishment of advanced practice clinics and models
- Thoroughly understand and organize market performance operations to effectively design and apply our collective intervention set, meet utilization, keepage, quality and risk targets, monitor and report our performance, and advance and enhance programs and performance. (Operational excellence)
- Drive the development and deployment of innovative advanced practice approaches
- In concert with the Network team and analytics, establish and deploy a network optimization approach
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has responsibility for supervising staff for regional clinical leads, market clinical leads, and other clinical resources within this market.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, clinical or a related field is required; an advanced degree such as a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Public Health (MPH) is preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of consulting or leadership experience experience around payor or provider partnerships is desired.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with clinical operations or implementation, services, and / or operations in an integrated delivery system or clinically integrated network is required.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas related to value-based care: population health, quality, coding, and health care analytics is desired.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in a managing clinical operations and remote employees is preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience consulting or working with clinicians and clinic administrators to transform clinical practices is preferred.
- Experience developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting is preferred
- Highly organized and process driven
- Ability to manage teams across geographical locations
- Comfortable delivering professional presentations to an audience
- Exceptional communication skills and will thrive when asked to deliver our unique and differentiated value proposition
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.