Bilingual (Spanish) Clinical Pharmacist - Disease Management
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
“We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.“
A bit more about this role:
This position represents an amazing opportunity for a motivated and passionate pharmacist to join a high performing clinical team. You’ll play a crucial role in helping our members get the most out of their medication and ensuring our members take the right medication at the right time, driving better clinical outcomes through better medication adherence and chronic disease education. You’ll also be partnering with our provider partners, guiding them through the complex world of medication therapy management. We’re looking for a superstar pharmacist to help us build and run our budding disease management program with a focus on hypertension. This is an exciting opportunity to help us build and grow our clinical pharmacy programs and deliver the best possible care to our members!
- Disease Management
- Working directly with members to rapidly bring their chronic conditions in control, particularly hypertension
- Providing and/or creating educational materials to members to help them manage their chronic conditions
- Ensuring members (and their providers) understand their benefits and how they can be used to better their health
- Iterating on our disease management process in collaboration with our Clinical Guides and Medical Director to continuously improve our disease management programs
- Addressing drug utilization concerns and making coverage decisions as needed
- Building strong relationships with our provider and pharmacy partners
- Identifying key providers who need support for pharmacy programs and connecting with them to see how we can help
- Helping provider groups identify opportunities to improve prescribing patterns and manage trends
- Delivering 5 stars on drug-related clinical measures by delivering the best care
- Working directly with members and providers to recommend the initiation, modification, or discontinuation of drug therapy
- Assessing for therapy gaps and addressing them (e.g. starting statins for members with diabetes or cardiovascular disease)
- Promoting and performing comprehensive medication reviews
- Interacting with members compassionately and helping them reach their health goals
- Teaching and scholarship
- Training pharmacy interns on the principles of managed care
- Ensuring students deliver high quality care under direct supervision
- Ensuring our guides understand our pharmacy benefits and have the tools to deliver accurate and timely information
Attributes to success:
- You are a great clinical pharmacist; you take pride in knowing your medications, their side effects, mechanisms of action, and indications.
- You are deeply empathic and humanistic, and want to go the last mile for your patients.
- You have a passion for making healthcare better, solving complex problems and supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family members.
- You're an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Agility and collaboration are critical to your success
- You understand the barriers to medication adherence and know how to address them.
- You learn from every experience and are not afraid to fail - that's how you're wired.
- You are able to learn new technologies quickly, and use new tools in ways that help make the work more productive.
- Thinking about the big picture is key for you, but you SWEAT the details.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Bringing order to chaos sparks joy.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization.
- You care about building a caring, supportive, operationally rigorous environment, and have lots of practical ideas of how to run scalable clinical programs
Skills and experience:
- A pharmacist with 3 or more years of clinical experience (ideally supporting efforts to care for medically and socially complex populations).
- Florida licensure in good standing required
- Direct patient care experience with chronic disease management required. Experience with collaborative pharmacy practice agreements a plus.
- Experience and comfort with hypertension medication titration
- An appreciation of Medicare regulations and policies and how Medicare pays for drugs.
- A keen understanding of how the interactions between payers, providers, and drug manufacturers ultimately affect the patient.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary care team.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Must be a resident of Florida and have an active Florida consultant pharmacist license in good standing.
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.