Requisition Number: SEASO01549
The Seasonal Flu Clinic Nurse conducts flu shot clinics for clients within a variety of CHC Practice locations. This position is a short-term, temporary position - peak season is between September and January.
· Provide compassionate care in delivery of vaccinations.
· Evaluation of each vaccination session to ensure safe and effective care
· Ability to work independently or under direction of the Nursing Manager
· Current MA RN licensure
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
· Approachable and friendly manner
· Enthusiasm for working with people
· Ability to work both autonomously and effectively in fast-paces environments
· Develop and maintain positive professional relationships across clinical and non-clinical organizations
· Understanding of vaccine and knowledge of health services
· Proactive approach – highly self-motivated with ability to use on initiative
· Ability to travel and work flexibly
· Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload for self and others
· Knowledge and application of clinical governance
· Quality focused
Supervision Exercised: None
Environmental Working Conditions: Usual working environment found in outpatient primary care office setting. Exposure to blood products, body fluids, cleaning solutions, and medications. Periods of extended time on your feet dealing with the day to day needs of this population being served is expected, including during periods of inclement weather.
Position requires physical ability to move about and function within the Health Center and to perform normal office tasks including computer data entry. Normal visual acuity and standard clerical dexterity to operate vehicle, computers, printers, photocopiers, and fax machines; moderate walking, standing, reaching, and stooping in order to accomplish everyday office tasks. Work in the community would require ability to travel (i.e. driving) to Health Center locations throughout north central Massachusetts.