Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Sea Mar is seeking a Temporary (3-months) Full-time Registered Dietitian to oversee the Fife, Tillicum and University Place WIC Sites. The projected start date for this job is March 1, 2020.
The Registered Dietitian (R.D.) is responsible for Nutrition high risk counseling and assisting with the WIC certification process if serving at a WIC site. The R.D. may also provide patient risk assessment, nutrition education, and nutrition services for patients of the Medical Clinics, Home Health Agency, MSS, and Substance Abuse Treatment Centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following listed below. The R.D. may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date charts (documenting counseling session as specified by program guidelines in legible form), and statistical program records but not limited to: Misys EMREHR records, WIC/CIMS Flow sheet, WIC diet records, certification sheets weight/height grids, diet evaluation sheets, infant birth outcomes, appointment schedules and encounter forms.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with team members and other Sea Mar staff. Serves as a liaison between Nutrition and/or WIC and other clinic and community services and makes referrals as appropriate.
- The Registered Dietician shall follow all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
Clinical Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients.
- Interviews clients from diverse populations, reviews and documents client history, anthropometric and laboratory data, and reviews current eating habits.
- Provides program orientation, nutrition requirements, and assists in scheduling client appointments, considering all programmatic and client needs.
- Provides individual and group nutrition education according to program guidelines, utilizing client appropriate methods and materials.
- Compares information collected to program criteria to accurately determine WIC eligibility and nutrition risk factors.
- Determines appropriate food package, explains nutrient content of WIC foods, identifies contracted food vendor, issues manual or computerized food vouchers and documents check issuance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nutrition from an accredited university.
- Completed an accredited dietetic internship program or Coordinated Undergraduate Program in Dietetics.
- 7 hours of HIV/AIDS course.
- WA State Registration and Certification for Dietitian or RD/CD eligible with attainment of these credentials within time period stated in the Sea Mar Nutrition Program Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Medical Assistant-Registered Certification required for Hemoglobin testing for WIC RD. WIC staff who do not have the Medical Assistant-Registered Certification are not permitted to perform the Hemoglobin testing. Staff are required to obtain the Certification after hire or promotion.
- Experience in community nutrition setting with an interest in basic nutrition and childhood development is desirable.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Patricia Alba, WIC Coordinator at PaticiaAlva@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 02/06/2020
External candidates may apply after 02/11/2020
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.