Per Diem Medical Social Worker, MSW
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Medical Social Worker, MSW for per-diem home care visits for our office in Worcester, Massachusetts, servicing patients in Auburn, Shrewsbury, Northborough, Hopkinton and surrounding towns. Prior home care experience is preferred, but not required. As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Responsibilities for this Medical Social Worker:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family, to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for this Medical Social Worker include:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work and a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Massachusetts
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree
- A minimum of one year experience in social work in a health care setting
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Bayada believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
- Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.