Requisition ID: 84619
Sponsor – Kiewit Building Group
Kiewit Building Group is looking for a Senior Construction professional to join our team as a Project Executive.
The Project Executive will work with various Project Management team members from different projects to manage the overall performance for commercial construction projects and have direct client relations responsibility. The Project Executive will also provide oversight of the estimation and complete project management of multiple project teams.
This position is located at Kiewit Building Groups Federal Way office in Washington. Kiewit Building Group's regional headquarters is in Denver, Colorado.
Kiewit Building Group Inc. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Kiewit Building Group's office locations are in Seattle, Anchorage, Denver, Honolulu, Omaha, Washington, D.C., and Dallas/Ft. Worth. Our project diversity includes aviation, commercial, federal, healthcare, and sports/entertainment facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads all aspects of Kiewit's safety culture and a commitment to Nobody Gets Hurt.
- Assists and supports Executive leadership with strategy development and business initiatives within the organization.
- Provides oversight and senior management for multiple construction teams through the preconstruction and construction process.
- Provide Strategic plans for new business opportunities and fosters new client relationships.
- Serves as the primary client relationship manager, who builds long-term relationships with new and existing clients to generate new business opportunities.
- Oversight and Collaboration during the Preconstruction, Estimating, and proposal development process for new and existing business opportunities.
- Leads Contract negotiations, solutions and development
- Involvement in the community and industry as an influential leader through participation in organizations and memberships.
- Senior Management responsibility for the project performance: financial, schedule, client relations.
- Ensures that staffing resources are sufficient on projects and assists in employee development, recruiting, retention,
- Possess 15 plus years' experience in the commercial construction market
- Local Seattle; Pacific Northwest Experience Preferred.
- Degree in Engineering; Construction Management; Business, or similar type experience in a related position that provides knowledge and experience required for this position
- Prior experience serving as Project Manager, Design Manager, Director of Estimating, or Project Director of construction teams, where responsibilities include construction, engineering, estimating, contracts management, and client relations
- Knowledge of commercial construction standards including scheduling, contracts, coordinating and managing all disciplines and subcontractors
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to travel based on business needs
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Staff Management
- Project Management
- Business Process Management
- Business Administration
- Public Speaking and Presentations
Other common names for this role: Project Director, Sponsor, Senior Project Manager
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors“ according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.