Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Would you like weekends, holidays, and evenings free?
Would you like to be immersed in Spanish during your workday?
Would you like a supportive and caring team?
Would you like to work with pregnant moms and babies?
Would like to have the time to build relationships with patients to ensure the best care?
Then try Maternity Support Services in King County. You are welcome here.
Full-time Social Worker position available for our Maternity Support Services Program. Applicant must be able to travel between Federal Way and Kent as the position is a split between the two sites. The Social Worker is to provide brief, culturally relevant counseling interventions, education, case management and crisis intervention to clients based on areas identified in screening/assessment and in keeping with the core services of the First Steps program.
- This position requires a Counselor Certification (Washington State) with a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling or Educational Psychology with internship or practicum experience with direct counseling services to clients.
- May also lead support groups and work with team doing outreach in the community.
- Must have ability to recognize, support and describe healthy parenting from a family strengths perspective.
- Must have understanding and respect for cultural differences as well as diverse kinds of families
- Must be bilingual in Spanish/English, have access to an insured vehicle and be able to make home visits.
What We offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career; a career that allows you to grow in your specialty. Full-time employees working 30 hours or more, receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rebecca Nix, MSS Program Manager. Email: RebeccaNix@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 10/08/2019
External candidates may apply now.
This position is represented by Office and Professionals Employees International Union (OPEIU)