At World Vision, we're changing children's lives every day. One that moves beyond just clean water or food or healthcare to offer a full solution to poverty. We want children to have everything they need to thrive, both physically and spiritually, so they can experience the kind of life God intends - life in all its fullness. Share your experience so you can share a full life with children in need.
World Vision is looking for a Senior Project Manager
Responsible for the oversight of the entire project life cycle and accountable for project outcomes for projects that impact multiple divisions and have designated budgets of at least $250,000. Establish priorities for complete project life-cycle including the planning, design, testing, and implementation of projects designed to meet requirements of business clients. Oversee the work of project teams. Help carry out our Christian organization's mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Responsible for the outcome of projects that involve and impact multiple divisions. Establish priorities for the complete project life cycle including the planning, design, testing, and project implementation.
- Confirm clients' needs and project goals, develop project master schedule, negotiating as needed, with external contractors, and WVUS staff and leadership regarding resource availability and timelines.
- Identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget and personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the master schedule and for on-time, on-budget project completion.
- Acquire and manage resources required for the success of the project.
- Manage project related work efforts of contractors and internal WVUS staff members.
- Manage project budget, modifying budget as needed and ensuring expenses do not exceed agreed upon budget.
- Provide reporting on project progress to senior management and clients, ensuring any changes to budget, resources and risk are communicated in a timely way.
- Ensure accurate documentation of project results.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (eight years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires 5 years work experience in project management or related field. Work experience must include a minimum of three years of project management experience. Previous supervisory work experience strongly preferred. Project management certification strongly preferred.