Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Full-time or Part-Time position available for the Maternity Support Services Program in Federal Way and Kent. Individual will travel to and from these locations based in King County. Applicant must commit to 3 days per week if working Part-time. This position requires the ability to perform home visits. Mileage will be paid when traveling to and from each clinic. Maternity Support Services (MSS) community health nursing reflects a value for self-efficacy where the nurse supports women in accomplishing self-care and decision making for the health and well-being of herself and infant during pregnancy and the post-pregnancy period. Please see additional requirements below.
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as a Registered Nurse required.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or two year Associate Degree or three year diploma in nursing with two years’ experience in community maternal child health nursing plus documented continuing education in community based maternal child health nursing topics.
- Effective oral/written communication skills, assessment and intervention skills, ability to recognize and support health behavior change.
- Must have access to an insured vehicle and be able to make home visits.
- Bilingual verbal & written in English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Loan Payment Program for those who qualify.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job, it’s a fulfilling career. Employees working 30 or more hours receive an excellent benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employment Assistance Program), paid-time-off starting at 24-27 days per year plus 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Rebecca Nix, MSS Program Manager at RebeccaNix@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
External Candidates after 09/27/2019
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).