Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Part-time position available immediately for our Credentialing Department in Federal Way. The Credentialing Clerk is responsible for maintaining files and data entry for the credentialing team. The Credentialing Clerk is a detail-oriented professional who provides exceptional customer service to intern colleagues and external partners.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Credentialing Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining all credentialing and provider enrollment files.
- Entering data into MD Staff, CAQH and other tracking tools.
- Receiving and sorting mail.
- Tracking and filing documentation received from health plans for specific providers.
- Tracking credentialing and re-credentialing deadlines for credentialing and privileging and insurance enrollment.
- Assisting provider enrollment specialists and credentialing specialists to gather information and documentation for audits, including but not limited to HRSA, FTCA, Joint Commission and health plan delegated credentialing.
- Tracking and ensuring provider basic life support requirement is current. Follows-up with providers when out of compliance to obtain documentation of current life support certification.
- Maintaining provider roster.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma acceptable if previous work experience in managed care, hospital or medical office environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to compile, interpret, and utilize information; and to communicate effectively with people of all backgrounds and educational levels.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, use good judgment, meet deadlines, and prioritize workloads.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be computer literate and have good mathematical skills. Experience in Windows Office
- programs and data entry preferred.
- Must be able to solve problems and reason deductively.
- Must be fully fluent in spoken and written English. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Letriana Santiago, Credentialing and PE Supervisor at LetrianaSantiago@seamarchc.org