All summer staff will be expected to commit to be present Monday through Thursday from June 16th-August 5th, 2021.
The Teacher plans, implements, and supervises all classroom activities. The Teacher makes social service referrals and shares responsibility for parent involvement in the program. The Teacher works in collaboration with other Head Start team members to support the goals of the program. The position caseload, and/or center location may be reassigned as deemed necessary for program operations.
- Supervises and coordinates all aspects of assigned classroom in accordance with federal and state guidelines including, but not limited to, the Head Start Program Performance Standards
- Plans for and delivers high quality instruction designed to meet individual student needs
- Actively supervises children at all times
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of child development
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with all stakeholders (children, families, colleagues, administrators, community)
- Commits to ongoing professional learning
- Implements high quality formative and summative assessment techniques
- Creates a community of learners resulting in a positive classroom culture
- Engages families in their child’s instructional program
- Seeks outside resources to support students and their families
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, 193-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Hours are dependent on the needs of the districts. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This classroom operates as part of the Head Start Year-Round Program. This position offers the opportunity for additional days and hours during the summer months, in addition to the 10 month, 190-day calendar.
Travel: Travel or transport may be expected for this position.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field is required
- Bachelors Degree or PA teaching certificate in Early Childhood Education or a related field is beneficial
- Knowledge and skills in the field of early childhood development
- Knowledge of PA Learning Standards of Early Childhood
- Knowledge of various service resources in the community
- Knowledge of the state and federal regulations pertaining to child abuse and neglect and childcare licensing requirements
- Knowledge of local resources, languages and customs
The Bucks County Intermediate Unit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the practice of the Bucks IU to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The practice of providing reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during the recruiting, hiring, or at any time during employment with the Bucks IU, please contact the Director of Human Resources at Careers@bucksiu.org
To be hired for this position you will need the required PA clearances to be dated no more than one year prior to your employment start date. Click here to learn more about the required clearances.