Looking for a rewarding career where you can lead a team that provides food service support to our troops at FE Warren AFB? Join Skils'kin.
Known for attracting exceptionally mission driven people who are passionate about improving lives for people with disabilities, Skils'kin prepares the right candidate to build a rewarding career. Because our managers come from all backgrounds and industries, our workplace is a healthy and diverse environment.
The right candidates are dedicated to driving high standards, while attending to employee development. The Manager will oversee Skils'kin operations at FE Warren Air Force Base dining facility, alongside cook staff and military personnel. Our staff are responsible for cashier duties, stocking, and cleaning. The Manager will assist employees in learning and performing these daily tasks and provide them with the tools to advance their skills. The right candidate will be responsible for developing the Skils'kin team and coordinating with military and other staff on base. In addition, the Manager will work to develop relationships with community partners in Cheyenne who serve adults with disabilities with job placement, housing and other activities.
Our ideal candidate will have solid management and leadership skills and experience working with people with disabilities. Some experience in Food Services is helpful although not required. Our leaders value accountability, diversity, the power of community connection, innovation and integrity in everything we do.
- Oversee Skils'kin operations at FE Warren Air Force Base.
- Responsible for recruiting and training staff, promoting work skills and accountability, interfacing with management and military personnel on base in a manner that fosters strong working relationships and builds trust.
- Work with others in the community who support adults with disabilities to promote our jobs and ensure our program is visible and able to attract quality staff.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, ensuring excellent customer service, annual budgeting, and other managerial duties.
- Searching for someone who has two years of management experience in a program that works with adults with disabilities. A food service background is helpful but not required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A two-or four-year college degree in business administration, management, marketing or related field is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of personal computers and related software, including Word, and Excel.
- Must have respect and empathy for individuals with disabilities
- Must have a valid driver's license, be at least 21 years of age and have a safe driving record determined by Skils'kin's vehicle insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to obtain a Federal Contractors Badge upon employment.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify contact DHS at 1-888-464-4210.
Skils'kin is an equal opportunity employer. Skils'kin abides by the contractor and subcontractor requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on status.
Skils'kin takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Skils'kin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance with our application process.