First and foremost Certainty Home Loans is about people. We're about doing whatever it takes to find the right home mortgage for you. We are about personal attention, about simplifying the process through our expertise and transparency. Because in an industry where many of the products stay the same, it is the team of individuals helping you and the service they provide that make the difference.
In January 2000—armed with passion, ethics, and experience—we wanted to create a successful company built on forming solid partnerships with real estate agents and builders who shared a similar vision; to make home ownership a reality by putting people first. At the time, it was a unique concept in the home mortgage industry. We opened the doors to the public on March 1, 2000 as WR Starkey Mortgage, LLP.
Today, our name has changed to Certainty Home Loans, LLC but our core belief in treating people right while providing unparalleled customer service and mortgage expertise remains. We are nationally recognized with a reputation for offering a wide range of loan products and a commitment to the communities we serve.
We never want to lose sight of our values and the importance of the individual. We hire talented, entrepreneurial individuals to run our day-to-day operations. These individuals are selected because of their abilities to grow our company while maintaining exceptional customer support. People are our #1 asset at Certainty Home Loans. Our approach is to involve all employees in the direction of the company by allowing them to provide direct feedback to management. This provides the incentive for all employees to manage the business as if it were their own.
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, a typical day might include the following:
As a Mortgage Loan Originator, you are responsible for originating quality loans by selling Certainty's loan products and services to meet the needs of our client base. It also includes being responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing, including but not limited to: educating and pre-qualifying potential borrowers; taking or reviewing applications received for completion and accuracy; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fee and lock-in information; overseeing the
loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicating loan status to all interested parties.
- Sources, develops and structures mortgage financing requests for new and existing customers.
- Negotiates terms, structures loan financing based on risk considerations and presents credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority as required.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements.
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee.
- Completes loan contracts by explaining provisions to applicant; obtaining signatures and notarizations; collecting fees.
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping loan information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- This job might be for you if:Minimum 2 years of lending experience and documented self sourced production
- Excellent working knowledge of standard loan products in the industry, various state guidelines and strong familiarity with underwriting standards.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or economics preferred but not required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.