Accounting Associate - Intern
Stearns Lending is relocating their accounting function from California to Texas. We are actively looking for two interns (either graduate or undergraduate) who are obtaining their degrees in accounting to work on our team. Stearns is a dynamic organization, with strong leadership in both Operations, Finance and Accounting. The company is growing by acquisitions and that creates an environment for great learning and growth for anyone looking to make their career in accounting. Areas of focus for the position are as follows:
- Will review and assist in income and expense general ledger entries for appropriateness and assures monthly entries have been made, accrued or prepaid for the month before month end close.
- Will review and assist monthly general ledger reconciliations; ensures balance sheet accounts have been reconciled and proper documentation is maintained; follows-up on any outstanding and/or aged suspense items as needed.
- Will assist team in preparing segments for the monthly and quarterly financial reports for the company, which will including Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flow and Income Statement.
- Will review general ledger entries and review transactions prepared by various teams members prior to posting; which may including entries for daily cash management, payroll, prepaid and accrued expenses. ·
- Will review and assist in entering general ledger journal entries related to loan origination and sales activity as needed to ensure accuracy of reported loan activity.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
About Stearns Lending
Stearns Lending, LLC is a leading provider of mortgage lending services in Wholesale, Retail, and Strategic Alliances sectors throughout the United States where licenses are held. In 2018, the company ranked as the #12 non-bank mortgage lender by Inside Mortgage Finance.