Job Description: To assist members and potential members with their Credit Union needs in a friendly and efficient manner. The Financial Services Officer provides expertise with respect to Credit Union financial services and builds member relationships through problem solving and offering solutions in the best interest of the member.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists members with IRA’s, safe deposit boxes, certificates of deposit, online banking, opening or closing accounts, and creating or re pinning debit cards; answers questions about products and services as well as resolves problems that are within authority limits. Processes and closes loan requests. Coaches members about credit and types of loans including unsecured, secured, credit card, personal line of credit, share loan, home equity line of credit, etc. Assesses value of collateral on loans.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, and loan payments; sells money orders and cashier’s checks, places check orders, transfers amounts from member accounts as directed, and assists members with their electronic funds transfers. Balances teller totals and transactions daily. Assists members with electronic and automated banking options.
- Identifies cross sell opportunities and cross sells appropriate services to members.
- Ensures required account and loan documents are completed accurately and updated as needed. Maintains accurate member account information on computer system.
- Participates in sales development activities and attends training as required.
Required Experience: One year or more of customer service and sales experience required. One month or more of Lending experience preferred. One year or more of financial services experience preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or GED.
Other Skills Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with the ability to effectively interact and make recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and reasoning ability required
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
- Strong customer service orientation required
- Must possess attention to detail and mathematical ability to perform very basic math skills
- Must be able to work well with others