With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Golf Food and Beverage department that will provide professional food and beverage service for our guests while adhering to grooming standards, uniform standards and other policies and procedures outlined in the Nemacolin Associate Handbook.
- Preparing work space at the beginning of shift, closing down and cleaning at the end of shift
- Check the surroundings of the Food and Beverage outlet to make sure everything is in proper order: (Example lights, temperature, music and cleanliness of the room). Notify supervisor and/or manager of any defects.
- Prepare and cook food orders
- Serve guests in a timely fashion
- Handle cash and POS transactions for Food and Beverage items
- Keep Food and Beverage outlet clean and tidy
- Cashier/Cook should always portray a professional manner including appearance, identification, and general conduct at all times.
- Makes a positive contribution to the work environment through presentation of positive attitude, demonstration of cooperation and teamwork, and constructive approach to daily events.
- Comply with all hotel and cash handling policies and procedures. Follow guidelines as stated in the training manuals.
- Attendance: Follows established procedures for early notification (check employee handbook) and divisional no fault policy for late/absence.
- Reports any potential safety hazards to management immediately.
- Must be 18 Years of Age
- Must be able to speak English
- Must be able to adhere to and uphold Nemacolin grooming standards
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is the area's premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests' expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.