MPRO is a nonprofit organization and national leader in healthcare quality improvement and medical review. Our goal is simple - we are helping healthcare get better. MPRO provides medical consulting and review, as well as data analysis to federal agencies, state Medicaid and public health organizations, healthcare facilities, private health plans and other third party payers. In addition, MPRO represents Michigan in Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network (QIN), which also serves Minnesota and Wisconsin under the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program.
MPRO is committed to improving the quality, safety and efficiency of healthcare. Although we do not see patients, we are healthcare professionals (including physicians and nurses) and consultants who work with healthcare providers to promote the adoption and use of evidence-based best practices and processes to achieve our healthcare quality goals. Our services offer our clients and partners access to a proven, impartial, connected resource that understands the intricacies of healthcare. It is our #1 priority to provide thoughtful evidence-based strategies and solutions that help them achieve their healthcare quality improvement goals and outcomes.
Quality Consultant will work with providers across the care continuum to implement evidence based interventions aimed at reducing avoidable readmissions. The consultant will assist with facilitation of community collaboratives to address root causes of readmissions, disseminate project information to healthcare providers, stakeholders and partners and assist with the spread of best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participates in a collaborative team model to identify strategies and interventions across the healthcare continuum
- Utilizes a collaborate approach to apply quality improvement knowledge and acquired clinical/technical expertise and experience in supporting the assigned project
- Assists healthcare providers to progress with measures reporting through the development and implementation of effective strategies and interventions
- Assumes assignment on interventions as assigned by the manager
- Develops and monitors timelines and work plans relevant to assigned tasks
- Models accountability for self-learning activities as well as the sharing and transfer of knowledge gained
- Assists with contract program planning and implementation
- Develops and maintains relationships with external customers primarily task/contract participants
- Adheres to all relevant compliance regulations (HIPAA, FISMA, URAC, CMS)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Registered nurse required (BSN preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of Care Coordination experience
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills required
- Quality improvement experience including process and program development preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Familiarity with electronic documentation required
Some travel required