Material Planner II - Machining Operations
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
Roush has an immediate opening for a Material Planner, who will lead our operations team through creating production schedules and suppliers to deliver the right material, the right quantity, at the right time to meet the operations plans. This position is located in Farmington, MI.
As a Material Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring continuous production by utilizing the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems material and production requirements, with a focus on forecast and dependent demand
- Communicating and coordinating with operations and our suppliers to ensure all parties have the production schedules, material purchases and forecasts at all times
- Developing recovery plans with suppliers and operations to resolve supply shortfalls.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with suppliers and operations to identify potential future problems to avoid production disruptions
- Escalating and resolving any issues or discrepancies found during the planning process to the appropriate cross-functional team members
- Effectively managing material and production requirement changes resulting from Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), forecast changes, order changes, etc.
- Working closely with the operations team to ensure any changes in the schedule are covered and can be achieved and are updated in the ERP system
- Participating in program kick off’s and end of life balance out meetings
- Following up and tracking the delivery of material to meet the schedule – including outside services such as coatings. The planner is responsible for tracking down and reporting supplier shipments and other duties as required
- Analyzing expedite requests as needed
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures
Minimum qualifications to be considered as a Material Planner:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years supply chain management/operations experience
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced and dynamic team environment while handling multiple tasks
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing workload
- Good professional judgment, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office – Word, Excel (advanced formulas, pivots, if/then), Outlook
Preferred qualifications for a Material Planner:
- Experience in Machining or small manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or any Manufacturing discipline – or experience in any capacity of a machining operation
- 3 years of supply chain, manufacturing, or machining experience
- Basic understanding of how a supply chain flows from the supplier’s supplier to our customer’s customer as well as general business practices
- Proven ability to solve complex issues by triaging for short term recovery as well as identifying root cause. Material planner is key in assisting the team in putting corrective actions in place
- Solid understanding of materials flow and inventory triggers
- Self-starter who seeks out ways to improve processes before being asked
- Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) certification
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team!
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.