About Farmingdale State College:
Farmingdale State College (FSC) is the State University of New York's largest college of applied science and technology with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students. A leader in applied and experiential learning, the college delivers rigorous programs that equip graduates with the academic foundation and skills sought by both emerging industries and graduate institutions. FSC offers 37 undergraduate degrees and a Master's in Technology Management through its Schools of Business, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, and Arts & Sciences. Known as a pioneer in the alternative energy field, the college also boasts a highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program. FSC's strong culture of civic responsibility and engaged learning has led to reciprocal partnerships throughout the Long Island region.
Farmingdale State College is among the nation's fastest growing colleges. Its programs regularly earn regional and national recognition as well as honors for both quality and value. Consistently ranked as a leader in return on investment and affordability, FSC is known as one of the safest colleges in the nation according to multiple rankings. The campus is located on 380 lush acres in the heart of Long Island, approximately 45 minutes by rail or automobile from New York City.
The Dental Hygiene department at Farmingdale State College is looking for adjunct Radiology Instructors. Please submit your resume if you feel you meet the requirements below. Please note academic departments will not be accepting phone inquiries regarding your resume.
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must hold a current license to practice Dental Hygiene in NYS, along with current certification in local infiltration anesthesia/nitrous oxide analgesia.
- Master's degree in dental hygiene or related discipline. Strong background in oral radiography.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of five years clinical practice experience.
- Current membership in dental hygiene related professional associations.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous clinical or didactic teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience in the use of various digital x-ray sensors, PSP and Panorex.
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates may apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the “Apply Now“ link at the bottom of this page. We require the following documents:
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted, no phone calls please.