Act as the primary point of contact for multiple Key Client Accounts, maintaining long term relationships to ensure both project success and future business opportunities. Provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations for all Construction, Project Management and Project Administration activities associated with construction project(s) of specific Key Clients while ensuring projects are financially successful, safe and quality driven. Lead and develop a team of Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Assistants who have the skills to execute on their defined roles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with Key Clients Accounts while overseeing all projects completed for said Client
- Project Cycle – Success will be measured on projects executed by your team in the areas of:
- Meet Client satisfaction through client satisfaction surveys and feedback
- Support BD team by participating and taking a leadership role in the interview stage of securing work
- Coordinate team for takeoff and bid
- Oversee Contract negotiation and execution process.
- Provide general Project Management oversight in all phases of construction
- Provide leadership to logistical plans and project scheduling
- Provide overall accountability for successful delivery of multiple projects andor a major project(s)
- Provide oversight, leadership and be accountable for the development and maintenance of the master project schedule
- Work with Senior Project Management staff and Clients to ensure the Clients expectations are regularly being met and monitor Owner satisfaction
- Partner with Business Development (BD) team to secure additional work with Key Clients
- Support BD by maintaining and enhancing long term relationships with your personal network and past clients and leveraging those relationships to secure profitable projects.
- Responsible for future business growth within current client base. Accountable for growth in Wanzek work among current clients.
- Attend pre bid conferences, act as primary point of contact to outside contacts.
- Promote Wanzek and the Client through community involvement and activities.
- Provide Operations leadership and direction in the following areas
- Ensures the project manager initiates and leads team building process during the initial project team assembly. Continue through an oversight process to ensure team building is being performed by the project team with all on-site project crews, owners, subcontractors, and corporate departments.
- Effectively utilize available corporate resources and internal support teams at key points in the project
- Assess, review, and monitor lower level management in regards to their job performance
- Assist Director with staying current on market conditions, including customers, competitors, subcontractors, commodities, construction processes/methods, contracting methods, etc
- Collaborate with field operation managers and peer Construction Account Executives, with the assistance of the Directors, on selection of project managers and site team to build a balanced team for a successful project
- Client Maintenance
- Procedural and Process Issues
- Financial Issues and reporting processes
- Current months project reviews
- Manpower quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Liability or legal issues
- Owner, Architect, Subcontractor relationship issues
- Update operations goals and review individual action items
- Maximize the skills and resources of others
- Create positive development opportunities, mentoring staff and assisting direct reports in the advancement of their careers
- Build diverse, high performing teams, through coaching, training and development opportunities and creating opportunities for new and challenging experiences
- Manages functions including wage reviews, work assignments, bonus reviews, internal promotions, etc.
- Promote career enhancing opportunities for and the development of staff
- Demonstrate high standards of personal accountability, integrity and ethics and instill these same characteristics in the people who you lead
- Develop and monitor risk management/mitigation plans and strategies to support the project managers and project teams as well as protect the company assets
- Assure proper team approach within each project team and with other company Business Units
- Assure integration of Wanzek and Group Initiatives within your team
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 to 15 years of responsibility for the total execution of large construction projects is preferred
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Commercial Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, project administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek's Zero Injury principles
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of Wanzek
- Will take ownership when a leader is needed and initiative when the opportunity arises. While acting as a strong collaborator and communicator with peers and other departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Primavera, Viewpoint, and Construction Software
- Read, analyze and interpret blueprints, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts or governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence and document project activities including budgets and contracts
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from project managers, superintendents, clients, customers and the general public
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER