Coordinate and oversee projects within the assigned subgroup(s) of Wanzek's Renewable Services division.
Execute service projects to control costs, eliminate waste and provide excellent service to meet all customer requirements. Facilitate development and continuous improvement of all necessary processes, documents, technical requirements and standards. Must be willing to travel up to 75%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
- Manage all execution aspects of varied services and maintenance projects including allocation of equipment, material, and personnel resources
- Lead, train, mentor and manage a team of Wind Turbine Technicians and ensure work is to specifications.
- Create procedures, work plans, technical references
- Understand the requirements of the customer (internal/external) and quality work scope
- Must be able to recognize any changes to scope and work plan and track accordingly
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and being used properly
- Recommend best practice improvements for production, performance, quality and safety
- Appraising work performance of employees and addressing complaints of employees in the field
- Coordinate activities of subcontractors
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, reporting as deemed by your supervisor
- Actively communicate with Clients, resolve disputes, and document change orders
- Perform onsite audits of procedures and field processes and drive change as necessary
- Monitor productivity reports, performance metrics and corresponding payroll records
- Monitor paper flow ensure all documents are accounted for, filled out completely, legibly and filed or distributed to the appropriate parties
- Provide technical support and guidance for reports and to assure product quality and conformance
- Support estimating functions, such as preparing budgets and labor costs
- Build client relationships and seek additional business opportunities for Wanzek
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, if required
- Other duties as assigned EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working in and around wind turbines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License. (CDL Preferred)
- Technical certifications, training or degrees as required by specific role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 125 meters in height
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Knowledge of computer-aided design, database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with executive, management, and staff level employees with varying educational and professional background using verbal and written communication
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution
- Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet-based program navigation
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.