We are hiring for an enthusiastic and friendly Guest Services Representative who is passionate about providing remarkable guest service at the Guest Service Counter by offering convenient, specialty products and services not offered by traditional grocery retailers (i.e. Money Orders, Western Union, Dry Cleaning, Postage, etc.). The Guest Services Representative is responsible for upholding Coborn's high standard of service by supporting the front-end, as well as the remainder of the store, through cashier interventions, transaction reversals/corrections, and other unique transactions (i.e. returns, coupon refunds, exchanges, etc.).
A day in the life of the Guest Service Representative may include any combination of the below duties (and more!):
- Maintain a Say Yes to the Guest attitude by providing remarkable guest service.
- Perform all front-end functions including, but not limited to: cashiering, bagging, running money order machines, electronic payment machines, postal machinery, copies, lottery equipment, Western Union, bookkeeping, etc.
- Assist guests with returned merchandise, overrings, and overcharges.
- Conduct cashier accuracy audits.
- Provide low-level troubleshooting and/or inform store management of problem areas, including: pricing, equipment breakdowns, service levels and standards, personnel problems, etc.
- Provide backup services to employees in all areas of responsibility including bookkeeping, Guest Services, cashiering, bagging, and pushing carts.
- Provide backup to the Guest Service Manager and Senior Guest Service Manager in his/her absence.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- has previous guest service and cashiering experience;
- is a self-motivated and enthusiastic people person who is a guest service rock star;
- has excellent communication skills;
- has the ability to efficiently and accurately operate multiple POS systems and accurately handle all forms of payment transactions; and
- is excellent with multi-tasking
Must be able to work every other weekend and rotating holidays. Must be able to work a wide variety of shifts based on guest and location needs.
This position provides remarkable opportunities for growth including becoming a Guest Services Manager (Assistant Front End Manager), Senior Guest Services Manager (Customer Service Manager or Front End Department Manager), or another retail leadership position.
At Coborn's, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable“. Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We're growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Join our grocery teams and connect with guests in a fast-paced retail position with advancement opportunities where you are encouraged to shine as you use your guest service skills. If you're friendly and dependable and you like to work with terrific guests, we'd love to talk about an opportunity on our team.
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located in the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise, Marketplace Foods, Hornbacher's, and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's, Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, Subway and Erbert and Gerbert's.
Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity one guest at a time. With a vibrant and fun work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefit packages, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
Here's a list of some of the many benefits that we offer to part time team members:
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Additional benefits available based on employment status
Because we value our people and know our employees enjoy shopping our stores, we offer an employee discount on a variety of private brand items when employees use their MORE Rewards account at the checkout of your local Coborn's-owned grocery store.
Because we know everyone needs a coffee break to recharge from time to time, employees who work in a store with a coffee shop receive a discount on their purchase!
In addition to this list, we also offer flexible scheduling. We understand that many of our employees are trying to juggle school, practice, family time, errands and personal hobbies, all with only about 16 hours of awake time in a day.
We celebrate a culture of recognition, encouraging employees to recognize and thank one another for remarkable behavior. We even have an app for that!
We're always looking for motivated, high-potential employees who want to be part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within our company to positions you may not yet even know exist. Coborn's, Inc. offers a variety of development programs for employees who want to grow their careers with us.
Finally, we believe that building a team of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives inspires fresh thinking and opens us up to new possibilities. We are an EEO/AA Employer - All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.