Job Title: Service Supervisor (Job Code #02323)
Reports To: Service Operations Manager
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to supervise front-end department functions, to promote sales, and ensure a positive environment for customers and associates.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Assists customers during their shopping experience
- Ensures lines are moving quickly and efficiently
- Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers
- Prompt response to customer concerns
- Ability to perform duties of cashiers, baggers, & courtesy counter employees as needed
- Recording and reporting customer requests
- Ability to show customers where products are located
Maintaining a neat and organized store appearance
- Keeping front-end supplies stocked and organized
- Cleaning spills and debris quickly and safely
- Ensuring a safe and clean shopping environment during inclement weather
- Maintaining a clutter-free environment throughout the store
- Assigning cleaning and facing opportunities to baggers and cashiers during down times
Daily supervision of store policies and procedures
- Develop effective daily/weekly work plans
- Adherence to Hornbacher's Food Safety Practices
- Utilize sales projections, budgeted labor goals, & previous operating results to optimize store performance
- Providing performance reviews to front-end associates
- Providing training and development opportunities for store associates
- Calling in maintenance requests for store issues
- Oversee store operations in the absence of the Store Director/Assistant Store Director
JOB COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
People management skills
- Training and development of associates to ensure competence in assigned tasks and to develop for advancement
- Managing performance of associates
- Recognizing coaching opportunities and utilizing skills to encourage growth
- Encouraging active participation and cooperation within front-end team
- Encourage individual & group effort toward providing the best service possible
- Ability to Greet, Offer, & Thank all customers
- Building strong channels of communication throughout the store
- Communicating with customers on ways to deliver outstanding service
- Addressing customer concerns and presenting mutually beneficial outcomes
Logical reasoning skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize business needs
- Identifying patterns and trends of the business and utilizing that information to provide outstanding customer service
- Recognizing problems and the ability to solve them creatively and independently
Physical Work Environment
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to reach, lift, stack, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of calculators, computers, telephone, fax, and other office equipment in the course of the normal workday.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts; including nights, weekends, & holidays.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.