Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Are you a “ Foodie “ at heart ? Fulfill that passion at Scheels. We are currently seeking a Part - Time Cafe / Bistro Associate at our Scheels Home and Hardware location. An outgoing personality, great communication skills, and a passion for excellence in food service would be required to join our team and service our loyal customers. This individual will quickly process accurate and efficient orders and sales transactions while providing excellent customer service by greeting and thanking our customers and responding to their requests. This position will represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional to all customers and fellow associates.
Our Cafe is open just weekdays between the hours of 8 am - 4 pm, focusing on specialty drinks and an outstanding lunch menu. This limited schedule and flexible shifts is a great opportunity to get out of the house, meet other people and work with a team of great people.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you“
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Perform all Cafe / Bistro functions, which may include sandwich / soup preparation, salad preparation, operation of panini grill, and other duties as assigned per Cafe Manager and Supervisor.
- Follow all food safety guidelines by State and Local Ordinances
- Ensure all products are received and stored according to Standard Operating Guidelines
- Assist in training all new associates using kitchen tools, mentor checklists and Standard Operating Guidelines
- Ensure cash control and till management is followed according to Scheels Cashier Guidelines.
- Manage and support side work, daily and detail cleaning schedules, opening and closing procedures
- Maintain working knowledge of Café recipes and prepared foods
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
High school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 8a.m. and 4p.m., Monday through Friday. Schedule may include varied hours during the daytime, along with an occasional evening that it tied to store special events. Average hours per week is 12 - 15 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.