Informational Interviews / Every Wednesday 10AM-12PM
Gosnold Human Resources (348 Gifford St; Falmouth)
Gosnold, Inc. is a nationally accredited non-profit leader in the prevention, treatment and recovery of mental health and substance use disorders. We offer a full, end-to-end continuum of care offering a wide range of treatment options. Highly regarded for innovation, we offer a comprehensive patient centered continuum of care tailored to fit the needs of each individual. Gosnold welcomes like-minded individuals who are passionate about our mission to support people and families affected by these disorders, and to promote lasting recovery.
The Senior Counselor will conduct patient assessments, including level of care appropriateness, risks, and strengths. This role requires demonstrated knowledge of the disease of addiction, twelve-step recovery principles, addiction and/or mental health treatment, and other evidence-based practices in related clinical issues. The Counselor will promote recovery through role-modeling and respectful interactions with patients and colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development, implementation, and modification of treatment plans and continuing care plans.
- Complete required documentation in accordance with Gosnold policy and regulatory standards.
- Provide individual and group counseling and psycho-educational sessions.
- Participate in the coordination of care with other professionals and/or family.
- Abide by Gosnold professional code of ethics including those applicable to confidentiality, dual relationships, and professional stature as a Gosnold representative.
- Participate in continuing education necessary for certification requirements.
- Acquire documentation, assessment, case management, and treatment planning skills.
- Display an understanding of appropriate patient-staff boundaries.
- Work under and respond to supervision.
- Interact with patients in a professional manner.
- As directed under supervision, interact with the financial and utilization management staff for reimbursement.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, Experience, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
- Education: Completion of an addiction certificate program and be within one (1) calendar year of eligibility to sit for the certification examination; Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in a related discipline or substantial experience working in the human service or social service field.
- Experience: Experience working in a team treatment approach in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting for at least 3 years.
- Skills: Excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills. Computer literacy and working familiarity with technology.
- BENEFITS (based on full-time employment):
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Time
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match
- Short-Term Disability and Life & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Payroll Deductions for Home & Automobile Insurance
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gosnold is an Equal Opportunity Employer.COVID-19 Statement:In accordance with CDC guidelines, Gosnold maintains strict standards when it comes to protecting our staff, patients, and residents, and offers a variety of personal protective equipment to ensure a safe and stress-free workplace.