Concept Plus is hiring a mid-level Oracle Database Administrator as part of a team tasked with the development and sustainment of web database applications for the Defense Health Agency.
They will work with other team members (Sr. and Mid-level developers, business analysts, testers, and system admins) to design, develop and implement solutions, document and/or present technical aspects of solutions and support testing and validation of applications.
The ideal candidate should possess very solid experience maintaining Oracle 12c, DB 12.2, Oracle 12c Grid Infrastructure 126.96.36.199, Oracle Replication and have experience with Oracle WebLogic, and RAC environments. They must have experience working in an Agile development team and be familiar with Agile methodologies. They must have an understanding of DoD cyber security requirements and must have an
active public trust clearance
to be considered for the position.
The DBA should possess very solid experience in DB design and management, especially as relates to supporting web applications. They should also be very familiar with security aspects of maintaining databases (patching, analyzing possible vulnerabilities).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to the team performing applications requirements analysis, development, testing, deployment and sustainment tasks in fast paced environment
- Hands-on troubleshooting and development as required
- Patching, upgrading, developing deployment and other maintenance scripts
- Optimizing queries, data modeling/analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in IT (hands on)
- DoD Public Trust with NACLC background investigation
- Min 3 years’ DB administration experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Applying DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for Oracle Database Application
- DoD Healthcare IT experience preferred.