To join this many-years-stable team of talented developers, you'll fit best if you're comfortable with full stack development, have some Linux systems administration skills and genuinely like the kinds of enhancements and modifications that come from tending a working codebase with a consistent set of Developers and servers over a long period of time.
You'll need strong DevOps experience as well as comfort working across
multiple languages and not mind learning both new and old ones as needed.At any given time you could be architecting a solution, working with subject matter experts and the Project Managers to craft requirements, pulling tickets on someone else's project, and helping to maintain our server infrastructure.
You will be working with both collocated and remote coworkers and customers, so extremely strong communications skills are an absolute requirement. You will be reading and maintaining code you did not write.
Systems on which you may work on include both internal and externally facing apps (generally webapps) covering a wide range of functions:
Customer Care, Diagnostics, Customer Selfcare, eCommerce, Provisioning -- our group does it all.
- High School Diploma / Minimum Associate Degree
- 2 years of Experience
- Excellent communications skills ( English) -- verbal and written
- Solid Ruby on Rails/JQuery experience measured not in years but in demonstrable comprehension
- GIT/Github/Gitlab SVN or other related software
- Experience ticketing systems(Redmine, RT, Jira)
- Experience with systems administration in a Unix environment
- Exposure to Rancher, Docker and other container technologies
- ISP experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Perl
- Richer systems administration and monitoring experience (puppet, munin, etc)
- Experience with Continuous Delivery processes
- UX design experience
- Billing system integrations
We are a proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing