The position joins a team working to develop mammalian cell culture (CHO) for the manufacture of recombinant proteins (transient and stable expression). You will maintain mammalian cell lines for the production of research and pre-clinical products and ensuring scale-up to pilot plant manufacturing under cGMP.
- For multiple products, screen cell lines and clones for protein production
- Monitoring cell growth and identifying growth media requirements and feed stream strategies for scale-up from development to pilot scale manufacturing
- Implement transient transfection
- Produce mAbs for preclinical testing
- Plan bioreactor studies
- Working knowledge of cGMP training
- Experience writing technical reports and production batch records
- Familiarity with the production of antibodies in a variety of cell line expression systems
- Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well within one's own team and other groups
- BS in Bioengineering/Biology or related field is required.
- 2-7 years of experience in mammalian cell culture techniques and optimizing growth conditions and media composition.
- ELISA experience is a plus