Harsco Rail is seeking Planner/Buyer Special Projects for Fairmont, MN facility.
This position will manage production parts and assist with the management of non-production parts. Position will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and implementing supply agreements.
- Works with assigned commodity group planning and organizing all tasks
- Develop commitments for engineering to order products which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP exception messages
- Coordinate and plan materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM's and cut-in dates for build verification and production units
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with Manufacturers and Purchasing to meet customer requirements. Propose changes when needed.
- Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies
- Input purchase order data via BPCS (MRP and DFT weekly demand)
- As applicable, must be able to expedite critical components and overdue purchase orders
- Resolve supplier problems associated with over shipments, invoicing issues, obsolete, rework and scrap metal
- Participate in Supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion
- Sourcing support – investigates potential suppliers
- Must be able to develop excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers
- Review, analyze and interpret various reports.
Level 1 – A degree Is not required. A minimum of 10 years of related experience as a buyer/planner
Level 2 – Associates Degree required (or purchasing certification) or minimum of 5 years of related experience
Senior – Bachelor's Degree required (or purchasing certification) and a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Production and Operations Management, Purchasing, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or other related field a plus.
- Purchasing experience in an MRP environment; BAAN a plus
- APICS or ISM Certification a plus
- Purchasing in the commercial or military heavy vehicle or capital equipment environment
- Project Management experience
- Ability to read engineering blueprints or any relevant technical documents
- Engineer to order environment and low volume purchasing experience
- Purchasing experience in an MRP environment
- Ability to interface with company and supplier senior management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Willingness and ability to train and teach other less experience purchasing personnel as well as explain the purchasing role to other company departments
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Rail's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Rail offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Shannon Godby, HR Manager NoAM at 803-822-9160 and Harsco Rail will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.