Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, were looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person.
If youre ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' HQ Claims Operations department is currently seeking a data analyst. In this role you will be responsible for understanding and analyzing claims data, partnering with internal and external customers to provide reports and analysis, and participating in the identification and interpretation of claim data trends. This individual must be able to understand customer needs and reporting tool functionality, synthesize the needs and reporting capabilities into functional specifications, deliver solutions, and when necessary, collaborate with IT to help design applications to meet customer needs.
Be Ready To:
- conduct or participate in meetings with customers to understand report or analysis requirements
- generate routine and ad hoc reports based on business requests
- develop and validate graphs, reports and presentations of analysis results
- perform statistical analyses for projects and reports
- extract and validate information from a variety of data sources
- interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- participate in identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- document analysis performed and methods used in meeting customer needs
- participate in the review and interpretation of statutory data requests and follow through with timely reporting
- works with IT to help design new reporting applications to meet reporting and analysis requests
- help to ensure accuracy and consistency of claims data across data sources
Be Equipped With:
- strong problem solving skills
- strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- keen attention to detail
- effective speaking skills when communicating with business users about requests and requirements
- ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- fluency with advanced Microsoft Excel tools including pivot tables, combination charts and vlookup
- proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access and PowerPoint
- skills to create queries and write reports
- experience with analyzing data and basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- ability to comprehend technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
- ability to maintain own workflow and meet deadlines while managing parallel project deliverables with direction from leadership
- familiar with data models and tools like PowerPivot
- experience using SAS, SPSS or other statistical packages is desirable for analyzing large data sets
- knowledge of statistical analysis
- 1 years of hands-on experience using Cognos, SAP Business Warehouse, or other reporting tools for analytics and reporting
- basic knowledge of insurance industry and risk management
Qualified candidates have earned a bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, statistics or information technology-related fields or related experience.
Starting Salary: ; depending on experience and skills
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or youre new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation; religion; national origin; age; disability; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.