Make a difference with a career in insurance
The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation's top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on net written premiums. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company's core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation. Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Corporate Actuarial department has a current opening for an associate actuary.
Be ready to:
- analyze the company’s catastrophe risk using CAT model output. Create tools for monitoring exposure changes. Create CAT reports for business managers and senior management
- assist with compilation of property exposure data for CAT modeling. Commit to understanding underwriting codes and improving data quality
- assist in preparation of DFA model input. Commit to learning DFA model software. Use simulation output to quantify risk contribution by risk source and line of business.
- prepare premium, exposure, and claims data for reinsurance treaty renewal. Assist in ceded loss cost analysis and other ceded reinsurance work
- support property pricing and underwriting in CAT-prone areas by allocating capital and performing ROE analysis
- perform various stochastic or deterministic risk analyses upon request.
Be equipped with:
- four or more years of P&C actuarial experience. Work experience with capital modeling preferred
- strong technical skills, including experience using VBA and SAS Enterprise Guide. Work experience with R or Python preferred
- strong analytical skills, including experience performing regression and simulation analyses
- excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- a bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- ACAS or FCAS.
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.