Requisition Number: RESID01459
Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? If you answered yes, we encourage you to join the Sunrise family! Sunrise is one of the largest, private not-for-profit organizations in the country dedicated to serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. At Sunrise we pride ourselves in taking an individualized approach in addressing the unique needs of each person seeking or receiving services. As an employer, we seek to provide an environment of growth and development for our employees that is consistent with recognizing the rights, needs, and wants of all people.
To provide support, assistance and supervision to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enable them to live valued lives in the community by creating a positive home environment.
- Must successfully complete the required pre-employment Background and Drug Screenings
- Must possess a valid Driver's License which meets company standards for approved driver status
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience working in the human service field preferred
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred
- Identifies and reports any suspected abuse or violations of an individual’s rights
- Ensures that the health, safety and well-being of the individuals are protected at all times
- Supervises and maintains a positive team of well trained employees who provide support, direction and oversight to the interactions of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Provides training and constructive feedback to employees through positive interactions, role modeling, and mentoring
- Ensures implementation of therapy, training and behavior programs and data collection required by the individuals’ plans and regulatory agencies
- Ensures that the home offers choice and creative activities within a positive innovative person directed environment
- Monitors for ongoing compliance with agency directives, licensing standards and policies and procedures
- Ensures all homes, outside areas and vehicles are well maintained and organized
- Performs all other duties as assigned .
Salary: $40,000 annually
This position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace