At Washington Radiology, our service-based culture is reflected in our day-to-day interactions that are warm and welcoming and delivered with care, compassion and clinical expertise. Our commitment to excellence can be seen across every level of our organization, beginning with our team members and extending to the patients, families, and physicians we serve. For more than 70 years, Washington Radiology has set the standard for medical imaging care.
Location: Based in Fairfax, VA, (must be able to work MD and VA locations)
Hours: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Ask us about our Sign-On Bonus of up to $7500*!
Relocation Assistance Eligible for Qualified Technologists
If you would like to join a dynamic team dedicated to best-in-class quality and service excellence, we would like to speak with you.
Performs imaging procedures to assist in the diagnosis of disease and injuries and supports the general operation of the office.
RESULTS MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform magnetic resonance imaging procedures as prescribed by a physician.
- Instruct patients as to the proper physiological requirements for the procedure.
- Ascertain whether there are any contradictions to the patient entering a magnetic field (i.e., staples, pacemaker, magnetic prosthesis, etc.).
- Ascertain area of injury of patient’s symptoms to assist the physician in reporting the proper diagnosis.
- Prepare patient for exam, explain the procedure, position patient for exam, administer contrast, and assist the patient at the end of the procedure.
- Assure all necessary consent forms are signed prior to performing examinations.
- Correctly process all pertinent exam related information including direct computer entry as directed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, orderly work area and observe OSHA and HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Be able to recognize reactions to contrast media and be ready to intervene when necessary by administering CPR.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of and comply with the policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Report any equipment and maintenance problems to the appropriate persons regarding equipment operation, malfunctions etc.
- Promote a team approach and a positive image of WR to everyone with whom contact is made.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with patient information and Corporate business.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and administer gadolinium to patients.
- Be familiar with the operation of the clerical and reception areas of the office and assist when needed, including the management of patient records. Actively participate in the quality assurance monitoring and recording efforts of the office.
- Perform preventative/corrective maintenance as directed, and document appropriately.
- Take initiative for professional advancement through personal assessment of strengths and weaknesses and develop an action plan with supervisors to improve skills.
- May be assigned to perform or assist with the performance of other medical procedures as directed and qualified.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and completion of a training program in imaging technology from an accredited school;
- Must be a registered in MR within one year of employment;
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists;
- Must become certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation within 90 days of employment and renew certification annually;
- All technologists working in the Maryland and Virginia offices must be licensed by the state;
- Be able to lift and move patients as required.
*Sign-On Bonus is applicable to current qualified MRI Technologists (ARRT (MR)). Amount offered may vary in an amount of up to $7500 depending upon experience level and qualifications.