Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
About the Mission You Will Join:The Human Capital team is an integral member of VMD. Team members take great pride in providing a full range of Human Capital support, promote and create a great employee experience while developing a dynamic performance culture. Daily we embrace all the VMD Core values specifically: Value the individual, Dream Big, Own It, Succeed Together and Commit Fully.
Your Impact to the Mission:Do you thrive in an environment where you can ensure people-related matters, processes, and programs are aligned with business goals and objectives while being compliant, effective, and efficient? In this Human Capital Generalist opportunity, you will be responsible for assisting with the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function including but not limited to onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, HRIS system, recognition programs, regulatory compliance and offboarding.
The Human Capital Generalist will play a critical role in the development and rollout of a robust wellness program, and career development programs including training. This position interfaces with all levels of employees and reports to the Human Capital Manager. You will be responsible for:
- Responding to human resources-related inquiries.
- Supporting HR Manager in educating employees on company policies
- Performing quality checks of benefits-related data.
- Assisting employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Assisting with the open enrollment process.
- Maintaining employee personnel records.
- Supporting compliance reporting.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- At least three (3) years Human Capital Generalist work experience required.
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Suite especially MS Excel and HRIS application systems.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to manage high level of confidentiality and experience handling PII and PHI
- Good knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Service Contract Act knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for problem solving, executing flawlessly, and delivering high quality results.
Basic Qualifiers:Education Requirement: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
Specific Field of Study or Degree: HR, Business, Psychology preferred but open Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? YesRequired Certification(s): NoneDesired Certification(s): None
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 3Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 3Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel and Telecommuting:Travel: Little (less than 10%)Telecommute Options: Yes. Telecommuting is expected during COVID. Post COVID, there may be ongoing options for telecommuting.VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.