Jr. Account Executive Residential
Location: Broadway, Fair Lawn, NJ
Summary: Are you forward facing? Enjoy establishing relationships with clients? The Jr. Home Mortgage Account Executive is an 8 month extensive in-house training program develop to prepare incumbents in their transition to a Residential Account Executive. During this time, the incumbent will gain mortgage knowledge by following applications through operations and assisting our in-house sales team. Learn best practices on building relationships with realtors, builders, and financial professionals.
- Represents Columbia Bank in the origination of first mortgage loans. Solicits residential first mortgages through contacts with Realtors, builders, developers, accountants, attorneys and community groups and officials within assigned geographic territory.
- Maintains existing contact base and develops new contacts to further enhance the Bank’s image and to originate mortgage applications.
- Provides service to customers and prospective clients seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interviews applicants to determine applicant’s needs and financial status.
- Obtains and analyzes financial and credit data to determine risk to the Bank.
- Assists customer in completing mortgage application.
- Responsible for obtaining all application data and documents necessary to complete the approval process.
- Reviews application for completeness and adherence to Columbia Bank’s requirements.
- Submits application in the time period required to the Mortgage Department using laptop technology.
- Interacts with customers and Mortgage Department personnel when problems or questions occur.
- Calls on existing and potential customers to retain business and develop new business.
- Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services.
- Prepares and presents lending seminars to Realtors, builders, community and civic groups and officials to further Bank’s visibility in the mortgage market.
- Participates in functions pertinent to mortgage lending, real estate and community affairs.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market. Maintains an up to date awareness of all changes in federal and state regulations governing residential first mortgage lending.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned.
- At least one year in your current position, unless determined otherwise by the Bank;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- High Interest of CRA mortgage sales;
- Sales experience preferred;
- Knowledge of lending regulations required;
- Must be knowledgeable on the methods and procedures for promoting and marketing of products and services;
- Ability to develop relationships with local referral networks;
- Outstanding public speaking skills with ability to engage audiences of all sizes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with customers, attorneys, realtors and other financial institutions as well as all levels of Bank personnel;
- Self-discipline and motivation to deliver on goals and expectations;
- Excellent decision making and problem solving abilities;
- Excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills and experience utilizing laptop technology;
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed;
- Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS;
- Valid Driver’s License required;
- Professional demeanor.
Requirement: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exception applies.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities