Voted a Top Workplace, 12 years in a row!
Work for an Award-Winning Brewery!
Iron Hill TapHouse is hiring Counter Employees!
Our TapHouse Counter employees will set the tone for service with every guest. By combining menu knowledge with speed and hospitality, you will provide a memorable experience to ensure their return. The counter employees will work together with the Kitchen Staff to provide from-scratch products. You will also work with our Server/Bartenders to keep our restaurant polished and safe for our guests and our staff.
We have got a flight of reasons to brew a career with us:
Great Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free primary care for all employees through 98point6
- Paid Time Off
- Free shift meal
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Employee Recognition
- Chance to win a trip to the Great American Beer Festival in Colorado
- Free Homebrewing Supplies (yeast, grains, hops)
- Discounts on Food and Beer
A Counter Employee:
• Greets all guests in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner. • Takes orders and serves meals and beverages promptly and courteously. • Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored. • Helps with other areas of the restaurant, when needed. • Completes opening and/or closing checklists. • Prepares to learn daily changes to food and beer menus. • Has confidence in core menu to sell our product with a smile. • Performs other duties as assigned • Works efficiently within scheduled hours. • Becomes Food Safety Certified within 30 days of hire. • Represents Iron Hill TapHouse in a professional manner at all times.
What You Need to Get in The Door:
• At least one year of experience in a fast-casual restaurant, preferred.
• A team-player mentality.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers, co-workers, management, and others.
• Someone who can bring the fun to work and keep it cool when business is booming.
• The desire to drive Guest Satisfaction by going above and beyond the call of duty.
• The ability to multi-task and identify opportunities to stay busy during down time.
Iron Hill Brewery hires all hourly positions as variable hour employees. This provides greater flexibility in scheduling for both the restaurant and for the employee. Employees work with their manager to determine their schedule and the number of hours they will work per week.
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Named after the historic Revolutionary War landmark in Delaware, where General George Washington battled the British, Iron Hill is among the most enduringly successful craft brewers in the United States, with over 24 years of award-winning recognition at national and international competitions. .
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 17 locations up and down the East Coast, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and South Carolina. Each brewery/restaurant has its own scratch kitchen and craft brewery, allowing individual chefs and brewers the creativity to pair the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. For 24 years, Iron Hill has incorporated beer in everything we do. Each individual location has its own head brewer. Each location dedicates itself to the freshest ingredients and friendly atmosphere for all age groups – helping change overall perceptions about brewpubs one meal, one pint, one community at a time.
Iron Hill is Growing! We Are Adding These New Locations:
• Newtown, PA opening June 2020
• Atlanta-Buckhead December 2020
• Exton, PA December 2020
• Atlanta – Perimeter, GA 2021
• Columbia, SC 2021