ettain group is seeking to hire experienced and highly motivated Electrical Engineer.
As a member of the Hardware Engineering Team, the position is responsible for providing design and technical expertise in area of assigned development activities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of engineering principles and its application in solving complex problems.
• Support development of new technologies and complete functional systems including manufacturing processes.
• Capture preclinical data and analyze data to evaluate prototype hardware.
• Prepare schematics, simulations, prototypes, specifications, bills of materials, and other documents as required to manufacture or support product.
• Develop and implement characterization and/or design verification strategies for existing and new designs.
• Contribute to the IP landscape via invention disclosures, disclosure expansion, and patent filings.
• Support Manufacturing and root cause analysis of product failures as required.
• Collaborate with outside vendors to obtain quotes, technical information, and purchase materials/supplies and equipment/tooling.
• Adhere to QMS including design control policies to ensure product quality.
• Perform technical writing and develop/deliver presentations as required.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years of related experience OR Master’s degree in Engineering and 2+ years related experience.
• Demonstrated experience in both analog and digital electronic design/development that includes use of microcontrollers. Embedded software experience a plus.
• Ability to create limited SW applications (e.g., Lab View) is a plus.
• Ability to design and implement FPGA logic in VHDL is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience with design test creation and execution. EMC / EMI compliance testing experience is a plus.
• Familiarization with and practical knowledge of simulation tools.
• Knowledge of FDA Design Controls / ISO13485 / EU MDR and medical device product development is preferred.
• Familiarization with IEC60601, IEC62304, and ISO14971 is a plus.
• Demonstrated successes in the development of complete medical systems including electronics and software is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills.