For more than 80 years, Citadel has steadily grown and offered stability to our customers, community, and employees. Today, Citadel provides banking, investments, and insurance services to more than 200,000 customers. As we continue to expand, we remain committed to providing the very best value to our customers. At over $3 billion in assets, we are one of the Greater Philadelphia area's largest locally owned financial institutions, proudly serving residents of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. In 2018, Citadel was ranked number one among all credit unions in Pennsylvania for providing value to our customers by Callahan & Associates, and was named one of the best performing credit unions in the nation by SNL Financial. To learn more, visit CitadelBanking.com.
We are seeking a Database Administrator, this individual will report to the VP of IT Operations and Development.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, performance and support of all SQL Server systems. This includes development and design of database strategies to support critical applications and business unit data requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure MS SQL Server instances for all supporting applications
- Stay current on all MS SQL Server patches and apply them as needed
- Configure all database maintenance plans, backup and recovery strategies
- Implement and support ETL processes and SSIS jobs for internal data warehouse
- Database Security Management
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Creating, modifying, and managing custom reports using SQL Reporting Services
- Tuning T-SQL queries and stored procedures to improve performance
- Design indexes for existing applications and choosing when to add or remove indexes
- Provide developer and end-user support for databases including maintaining existing views and stored procedures, performance tuning, and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts are meeting integration and performance expectations
- Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries and for troubleshooting performance issues
- Provide 24/7 support for production databases
- Perform schedule maintenance and support application updates after hours
- Document SQL Database infrastructure for the organization
- Participate on projects teams as the assigned DBA for the implementation of new software and services
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attending to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team members and customers using good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Required Work Experience - 5+ years of experience as a MS SQL Server Administration required
Preferred Work Experience - Credit Union industry experience or experience working in the financial industry is preferred. 7-10 years of experience as a MS SQL Server Administration. 5+ years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models. 5+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
Associates' or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in information systems, computer science or database administration.
SQL Certifications and work experience considered in lieu of degree.
Required Technical Knowledge
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up:
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Reporting Services
- Integration Services
- Backup and Recovery strategies
- Windows Server 2012 and up, Active Directory