Providence is calling a Social Worker (MSW) (Hospice Care Center, Day Shift, 0.6 FTE) to SCS Hospice in Everett, WA.
Hospice caregivers will tell you what a privilege it is to care for patients and their families at the end of their lives. We get to see people where they reside and focus on their goals and improving the quality of their lives. If you are interested in a rewarding career, Providence Hospice might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provides medical social work service to patients and families including assessment, counseling, community resource referral, advocacy, crisis intervention, and discharge planning utilizing current practice knowledge and skill
- Consults and educates staff, volunteers, and community of the social and emotional factors related to the End of Life Care
- Provides social work in accordance with the NASW Code of Ethics and Providence Hospice & Home Care of Snohomish Countys philosophy, policies and procedures
- All required documentation will be complete, accurate and timely
- Promotes and practices patient/family, personal and environmental safety while performing job duties according to agency policies and procedures
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited School of Social Work
- Current WA Registered Counselor/Social Worker Licensure.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Valid Washington State drivers license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
- Proof of current Auto Insurance
- One (1) year experience in health care setting
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Two (2) years in health care setting
- Experience in Hospice care setting
About the ministry you will serve.
Our Inpatient Hospice Care Center provides a unique alternative to traditional home-based care for hospice patients who need symptom management which cannot be provided in the home. Located at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, the center serves patients in the hospital and offers the community a complete continuum of hospice care.