Reddaway, one of the fastest growing regional LTL transportation providers, is a team-oriented company looking for a Straight Truck Driver to safely and efficiently operate motor vehicles. Drivers will load and/or unload freight at various locations and under varied conditions; therefore excellent customer service must be maintained while representing Reddaway. To those who accept our challenge, we offer:
- Competitive Wages
- 401k Plan*
- Excellent Benefits Program with no benefit premium cost for employee
- More Time At Home
- Respected Company with Longevity
- Team Oriented Work Environment
- Great Training
- Safe Driving Awards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
- Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
- Complete daily log when required and all other necessary paperwork.
- Able to safely install tire chains and fuel equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
- Maintain and update driving and safety skills.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within Reddaway and the industry.
- Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Drive trucks with a swept cargo box and clean windows and mirrors.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must possess at minimum a valid Non-Commercial Personal Driver License.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding safety and attendance.
- Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, physical performance test, driving test on company equipment.
- Must be medically qualified to operate in interstate commerce.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
- Must meet all requirements of Sections 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer