Mortgage Loan Officer
Reports To: Varies by location
Primary Functions: Originate mortgage loans and promote related programs within the real estate profession and through personal networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market mortgage loan programs to Retail branch partners, the real estate sales industry and to personal contacts.
- Develop and maintain loan referral relationships with professionals in real estate, accounting, legal, financial planning fields, and Retail branch partners.
- Interview buyer/applicants and originate investor mortgage loans. Accept applications and input them to the origination system, provide required estimates and disclosures, and gather required documentation and fees to process mortgage loans.
- Ensure all loans are originated, disclosed and/or re-directed accurately and timely within all established regulatory compliance requirements and timeframes.
- Ensure accurate processing is completed in a timely manner and prepare for submission to underwriting.
- If the loan is approved, take final steps to ensure a smooth closing. If the loan is declined, verbally advise the borrower and issue applicable refunds. Return any documents not pertaining to credit.
- Conduct sales presentations for Retail branch partners and Realtors as necessary to enhance business relations.
- Attend Retail branch meetings regularly and make in person visits weekly at the main source for Mortgage referrals.
- Provide on-going coaching and training to retail partners as a way to gain quality mortgage referrals.
- Participate in quarterly branch lobby days in conjunction with Retail branch partners.
- Participate in community events as directed to further enhance and grow business and market share.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration with advanced industry courses in real estate lending.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Two years of real estate lending experience with at least one year at the loan officer/officer level. Advanced industry courses in real estate lending.
Experience/Skills: Strong attention to detail and ability to perform industry related analysis required. Strong selling and communication skills. A good working knowledge of all aspects of real estate lending including knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and programs. Proven ability to develop sources of mortgage loan application business.
Tenure: Not Applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer