Requisition Number: INTER01123
Date Written: 4/6/2009
Date Last Reviewed: 3/16/15 (JWB)
Job Grade: Sales
Department Name: ROW International Sales
Reports To: Manager, Customer Support and Inside Sales
This position will work closely with outside sales representatives and existing distribution partners to help promote Transition Networks in assigned territory and increase sales revenue. This position will be responsible for coordinating activities for customers with other internal departments including customer service, accounting, technical support, manufacturing and marketing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Attain monthly sales goals and grow revenue in territory.
- Conduct business development telephone calls targeting resellers, system integrators, telecom operators, ISP’s and large enterprise end-users to sell Transition Networks products.
- Evaluate each market and help to appoint additional resellers if necessary.
- Help to plan and execute marketing activities with distribution channel.
- Utilize internal Customer Relationship Management within IFS software to track daily activities including: quotations, telephone calls, emails.
- Facilitate communication between Transition and distribution channel.
- Identify new reseller partners where necessary.
- Prospect new end-users and resellers via telephone, referring them to channel partners.
- Educate and train customers on Transition and products via telephone. Perform product-training to our resellers and end-users via phone.
Nature & Scope:
- Reports to Manager, Customer Support and Inside Sales
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
Environmental Job Requirements Category: E1
ADA Category: 1
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems creatively, and have an aptitude for understanding new technologies and changes in our industry.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding established goals and quotas, and be proficient in solution selling.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a territory team.
- High School Diploma
- 3-5 years sales experience—preferably channel distribution sales;
- Excellent communication skills English and Spanish
- Degree preferred (Associates or Bachelor’s)
- Technical experience in networking/structured cabling/fiber optics/telecommunications
- An extensive contact database to present Transition products is desirable.
- Portuguese is a plus but not required.