IT Support Engineer I
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
· Ensuring infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
· Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
· Managing local technical projects.
· Maintaining or creating policies, procedures, and processes.
· Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
· Moving up to 49lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts lasting up to 12 hours.
· Traveling up to 60% of the time.
· 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
· 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high availability environment
· 2+ Years of experience in a professional environment
· 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
Valid driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS
· Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.