Providence is calling a Hospice Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Night Shift, 0.6 FTE) to the Snohomish Hospice Inpatient Care Center in Everett, Washington.
Hospice caregivers will tell you what a privilege it is to care for patients and their families at the end of their lives. We get to see people where they reside and focus on their goals and improving the quality of their lives. If you are interested in a rewarding career, Providence Hospice might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Provide basic nursing care and simple housekeeping tasks as reflected on the Hospice Aide Plan of Care under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Provide personal care, assistance with performing activities of daily living and prescribed therapeutic exercises, essential to the comfort of the patient.
- Establish good rapport and build trust with patients and families.
- Maintain appropriate patient records using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a certified nursing assistant course or equivalent training
- Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) in the state of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
- 1 year previous home health/hospice experience required as a nurse’s aide, hospice aide, orderly, or related experience in an acute, rehabilitative, or long term care facility, or hospice organization
About the ministry you will serve.
Our Inpatient Hospice Care Center provides a unique alternative to traditional home-based care for hospice patients who need symptom management which cannot be provided in the home. Located at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, the center serves patients in the hospital and offers the community a complete continuum of hospice care.