Providence is calling a Health Unit Coordinator (NAC) (0.75 FTE, Evenings) to work in Recovery Room Services at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA. This is an Admissions position.
APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. *PLEASE complete this step*
Responsible for clerical and receptionist functions for the unit and, when assigned and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides assistance in the safe and effective care of patients in a variety of age groups which is consistent with the provisions of Chapter 246-841 WAC.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency assessment tool
- Take and record vital signs, height, weight, food and fluid intake and output; recognize and report abnormal signs and symptoms; maintain safe environment for patients
- Bathes, dresses, and feeds patients; responds to call lights; assists with communication and report patients’ concerns; orients to rooms and unit routine
- Order labs, x-ray, and other diagnostic procedures; discharges patients; enters charges
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients; assembles charts; copies and faxes information; distributes mail; answers phone; orders forms and supplies; monitors inventory; assembles admit and other patient packets; schedules appointments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure in Washington State
- Obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate through the American Heart Association within first two (2) weeks of hire
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Prior experience as a Unit Coordinator or NAC in an acute care setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the states most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patients experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.