CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Inclusion and Diversity
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Learn more in the “About Us” section of our careers web site.
As a Process Improvement Analyst, you will identify, plan, participate in, and lead projects and activities that help the organization achieve and sustain continuous improvement initiatives. You will also be responsible to understand business processes in a wide range of organizational areas and to use structured process improvement and problem-solving methods that will add sustainable value. The analyst is capable of leading at least one functional area on the Performance Management team. The analyst works cooperatively with cross functional teams and department to seek improvements and solve specific problems. The analyst is capable of pro-actively building on prior projects to identify and extend improvements in related areas.
Specifically you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the corporate strategic plan to evaluate and determine improvement opportunities.
- Lead planning process and management meetings for business unit.
- Work with the business to develop high level and detailed performance measures and targets.
- Develop measures, and other controls for processes and projects.
- Teach and Coach others to develop reliable measurement methods and communications tools to report results.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data produced and results reported; accept accountability and work cohesively in a team environment that stresses attention to detail.
- Support the implementation of visual management boards and processes for regular review.
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional teams to create standardized processes and implement continuous improvement in support of business unit plans.
- Effectively use and teach the full range of tools for continuous improvement and project management.
- Perform financial and cost-benefit analyses using a wide variety of analytical tools and methods.
- Develop business cases and project plans using company standards.
- Lead efforts to re-design processes and procedures demonstrating advanced analytical skills and creative solution planning.
- Reliably advise and coach colleagues as a trusted business resource.
- Present team outcomes to peers and management for review, comment and approval, overcoming barriers and addressing concerns.
- Effectively coach colleagues to competently apply continuous improvement methods and principles.
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen in communications, behavior, dependability and team work.
- Manage schedules and provide updates assuming multiple concurrent assignments.
- Conduct research and benchmarks.
- Regularly develop and add to own skills and mentor and develop lesser experienced members of team.
- Lead and contribute to continuously improving tools and methods utilized by Continuous Improvement.
Bachelor’s degree required
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum 3 years of corporate or organizational process improvement or related experience
- Lean Six Sigma
This position is located in Evansville, IN.