Join the MACL team onsite at St Vincent's in Evansville. Working in our Microbiology group, advance your knowledge in this busy lab!
This is a DAY SHIFT position - 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM with occasional evening shift rotation.
In cooperation with the department manager, the microbiologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in microbiology. The ideal candidate will have one or more years specialized experience in the following disciplines:
- Urine Culture
- Respiratory Culture
- Stool Culture
- Wound Culture
- Fluid Culture
- CSF Blood Culture
- Gram Stains
- Trichrome / OP's
- Rapid Antigem Testing
The microbiologist follows established standards and policies, reviews patient results for accuracy and diagnostic correlation, uses independent decision making skills, and communicates with a variety of customers. The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practice and demonstrate the philosophy of Mid America Clinical Laboratories in the performance of all duties.
- Baccalaureate degree in Medical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology with one year internship from an accredited School of Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Technology.
- BS/BA in Laboratory Sciences with 5 years clinical experience.
- BS/BA in Microbiology with 1 years clinical microbiology experience.
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) and meets qualifications to be a general supervisor under CLIA'88 regulations.
- It is required that graduates of an MLT program have attended a program that is accredited by NAACLS.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT), or equivalent.
Ability to communicate and instruct effectively, perform independent technical and ethical decisions, operate simple and high complexity instrumentation, perform simple and high complexity manual and automated procedures, organize to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency, demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles, and techniques of laboratory medicine to provide services appropriate to the age of the customer served. Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age-specific skills.
MACL associates enjoy comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability, life insurance options, 401(k), and more!