Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is a nationally recognized, comprehensive Homeland Security and Emergency Management firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters. We are a growing company that is currently seeking driven, detail-oriented communications and/or proposal management professionals to support the Operations Division at our headquarters in Evanston, Illinois. Interested candidates ideally have hands-on experience writing proposals/grants in response to a wide variety of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) within the U.S. public sector.
This position will report to the Operations Manager and the Director of Operations. The Operations Associate will be a key Team member who has excellent communication skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically. Duties may include:
- Balancing multiple priorities at once to support the full cycle of proposal development from requirement analysis to final production.
- Writing and contributing to all aspects of technical proposals including cover letters, executive summaries, resumes, biographies, project descriptions, and project approach.
- Gathering and synthesizing information specific to the proposal, tailored to the scope and evaluation criteria identified by the client.
- Facilitating and leading proposal preparation meetings.
- Coordinating with technical personnel, including firm Directors and Managers, to develop technical proposal content.
- Maintaining version control of all documents, incorporate edits and feedback.
- Proofreading and editing all proposal documentation.
- Coordinating with counterparts in Hagertys graphics team to enhance proposals while maintaining compliance with client requirements.
- Supporting business development and marketing efforts.
- Coordinating Team schedules and supporting information systems management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, or a Technical Discipline (required)
- Exceptional grammar and proofreading abilities
- Ability to work extended hours to meet tight deadline requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled